One of the difficulties facing those who take minutes at meetings is the ability to make concise notes which accurately reflect the tone and main points.
The session will introduce a range of practical ideas and approaches for effective notetaking and producing successful minutes. It explores how to prepare effectively for meetings, the structure and format of minutes and offers suggestions for writing minutes which are accurate, brief and clear.
This course is ideal for support staff (secretarial, clerical, and administrative) who wish to learn or improve on their minute taking techniques.
By the end of this Course, participants will be able to:
- explain and describe the need for minute taking.
- contribute to the creation of effective agendas.
- develop and improve the skills of listening, concentration, and summarising.
- choose an appropriate method of notetaking.
- understand the different formats of minutes, and when they should be used.