Bwell Development Trust (Pty) Ltd trading as DEVTRUST is a leader in the field of consultative business development and public health management, with a special focus on Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC).
DEVTRUST provides expert public health consultation, non-technical project management and business quality management services to international and donor agencies; public and private sectors; and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
DEVTRUST entrenches sustainable business practice in all areas of work and focuses on outcomes based activities which are goal related and aimed at achieving effective results through the execution of professional services.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
DEVTRUST evolved through many years of experience in the business development industry, particularly over the last 2 decades of historic change in South Africa. In identifying the urgent need for change and development in South Africa, DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES was established in March 1990 mainly, to facilitate project managed broad based community development initiatives in communities throughout KwaZulu Natal. Due to the growing success of these services, in 2000, UNLIMITED consultancy services was established and project management became the tool in achieving development success for our clients. Due to the need for additional services and resources, DEVTRUST was born to include specialized public health consultative services which includes social and behavioural change communication and management.
DEVTRUST recognizes the importance of the promotion of health especially among vulnerable populations and the need to improve the quality of life of all people. Our public health consultancy services therefore includes but is not limited to planning, implementation and management of comprehensive strategies for improving health which includes desk reviews; needs assessments; stakeholder management; technical leadership and expertise; formative research and impact evaluation; planning, development, testing and implementation of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) messages, materials and tools; and the development and implementation of specialized training and capacity building for implementing partners, health workers and other key partners.
DEVTRUST offers professional project management services that lead to results. We understand the importance of execution, namely delivering a project on time, on budget, and within the stated quality, which are the key factors that determine success.
We provide the expertise to manage projects from concept through to commissioning. DEVTRUST project managers therefore ensure compliance with project scope; close and effective communication with the client and are accountable for performance which is rewarded for excellence.
BUSINESS & QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
DEVTRUST provides an integrated management system for a business. A complete system can be developed or additional components can be integrated into an existing system. For example, environmental management requirements for ISO14001 can be integrated into an existing ISO9001 system or Medical Devices Quality management systems requirements for ISO 13485; and the new Health and Safety Standard 45001.
DEVTRUST assists with the revised ISO9001:2015 quality management standard that calls for:
- Document development and control;
- Internal audit;
- Management review;
- Corrective action; and
- Continual improvement.
DEVTRUST ensures that a business can acquire the ISO9001 / or Appropriate Industry Standard to prove that a business can:
- be professionally managed;
- provide a consistent and reliable service;
- care about customer service;
- drive improvement;
- measure customers’ perception;
- monitor the performance of business processes;
- set priorities for improvement; and
- drive improvements through to the bottom line.
(B.A; BEd; MPH; Dip. Health Management; Dip. Project Management; Dip Higher Ed.)
Vimla is a public health specialist with extensive experience in strategic planning and management and has operational experience and skills in implementing and facilitating multiple and complex health promotion and disease prevention projects and programmes.
The focus of most her work is on Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) in the public health sector which includes programmes on HIV/ AIDS and TB.
As a strategist and senior manager in the National Department of Health for 10 years and prior work in the KwaZulu Natal Provincial Department of Health for over 20 years, Vimla has a broad and detailed understanding of public health within the South African context.
A large part of her work involves stakeholder coordination and management within the public and private sectors; academic institutions and civil society organizations at regional and international levels, specifically through the World Health Organisation, partners and donor agencies.
Vimla has specialised in evaluating health promotion programmes; capacity building and health message development and dissemination, including representation and participation at local, national and international meetings, workshops and conferences.
Relevant Consultancy Roles
• Work stream Lead for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs): Better Health Programme South Africa (BHPSA)- funded by the UK Prosperity Fund, led by the Foreign & Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and delivered by Mott MacDonald (current).
• Technical Advisor to World Health Organization (WHO), Regional Office, Brazzaville for the development of capacity building materials on Tobacco Control, Seychelles.
• Developed an advocacy paper on the SA legislation on Tobacco Control for the National Council Against Smoking (NCAS).
• Senior consultant to Genesis Analytics for the evaluation of the National Health Insurance (NHI) pilot projects in KwaZulu Natal Province
• Technical advisor to World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, for the development of an information kit for national focal points on Tobacco Control.
• Technical advisor to Rhizo Sciences for licencing the manufacture and production of Cannabis for medicinal use, in South Africa.
• Technical expert to WHO, Global Center for Good Governance for Tobacco Control (GGTC) for the completion of the Tobacco Industry Interference (TII) Index Report for South Africa (2019 & 2020).
• Board Member: Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA): Speech, Language and Hearing (SLH) and Chairperson of the Committee for Preliminary Inquiry (2015- 2020).